Every now and then I get asked or need to explain to people what my setup is, and in the grand tradition of straight copying others, I thought I'd do the same. So, without further ado...
- Visual Studio Code (Canary/Nightly/"Insider" Edition)
- Extensions: I'll need a whole separate post to link to from here about this I think, but for now, the extensions I need in my life are C#, Bookmarks, Ember Colorizer, Ember Language Server, Git Lens, and Rainbow Brackets
- Custom color scheme (basically the default VSCode Dark theme w/ italic comments & strings)
- Operator Mono SSm 15pt
- Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise Edition
- I use Enterprise because I get it through work, but honestly the free Community Edition (download from the page linked above) is much more than enough to get you going for the lion's share of developer tasks.
- Desktop PC: Windows 10 Pro (Insider/Fast Ring)
- i7 CPU, 32GB RAM, 2xRadeon R9 290, totally silent
- Full part list
- Laptop: macOS Sierra (Usually the dev beta, but giving High Sierra a little time before jumping in)
- Late 2013 13" Retina MacBook Pro
Other Desktop Apps
- Wherever I find space, really
Get new posts directly to your inbox
You've successfully subscribed to Text(Greg);
Great! Next, complete checkout to get full access to all premium content.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.
Error! Stripe checkout failed.
Success! Your billing info is updated.
Error! Billing info update failed.